Number of players: 4 -10 players + 2 bankers
application of algebra in everyday living and teaches money management skills. Players must manage their personal
budget by paying their bills, meeting their saving goal and clearing the balance on extra credit cards. Can they do this
and keep in mind the true purpose of money? We hope so!
1) Players circle the board trying to manage their budget and pay their bills. Each time around the board is 1 month.
Players have a salaried job and monthly expenses.They can pay expenses using cash or credit.
Players also have a savings goal and must meet this goal by game end.
- 2) During the game, players must answer 3 algebra problems on Go Figure It Cards. They win cash for correct answers.
- 3) During the game, players will encounter situations that will increase or decrease their cash flow.
- 4) Players manage a base credit card with a $500 limit at 10% interest. They can also obtain extra credit cards during play.
- 5) All players that end the game having paid all their bills, met their savings goal and zeroed the balance on extra credit cards; win the game!
Click on cards to view samples.
“Budget Adjustment Cards” present adjustments to player’s base budget and expenses as described on their Personal Budget Card.
|Personal Budget Card|
|Your Salary : $420|
|Your Living Situation described|
| Your Monthly Bills :
“Budget Cards” states players financial situation. Their job is to pay their monthly bills and meet their savings goals by game end!
"Chance Cards" are used to create cash flow throughout the game Players will have unexpected bills, unexpected cash gifts, shopping sprees, and other ways to spend or gain CASH.
“Go Figure It Cards” present algebra problems for players to solve. If they solve it correctly, they get extra cash!
There are 3 levels or GFI cards